We are outdoor adventurers who care about our natural world.
Drawn together by a common purpose towards responsible adventure, enjoyment of the outdoors
and skillful motorcycling on all kinds of roads, in all kinds of circumstances.
Participation in a tightly knit group of riders, with a strong bond of friendship and support.
The opportunity to work and get paid as Support Crew on tours, rides and training.
Enjoying discounted rates on premium events and activities offered by the Club.
Inclusion in private social media groups, for better communication and ride coordination, so you never have to ride alone.
Discounts on high quality, club-branded merchandise such as hats, t-shirts, stickers, etc.
Invitation to exclusive Members Only activities, events and excursions.
Discounts on premium products & services provided by Club partners.
An opportunity to volunteer and give back to the environment and public lands that offer us so much enjoyment.
Participation & Membership
Non-members are welcome to participate in most activities of the Club as Guests.
Guests are always accompanied by an assigned Sponsor, who is responsible for orientation
and optimizing the non-member’s experience.
Non-members may apply for membership at any time, before, during or after attending Club activities.
Prospective new members fill out and submit a Membership Application form on the website.
Acceptance of the Club Member’s Pledge is an important part of the Membership Application.
Signing a Waiver and Release, unconditionally indemnifying the Ojai MC is an important part
of the application.
Annual Membership Dues of $100 are payable on submittal of the application.
On acceptance of the application, non-members enter the “Prospect” phase until they have attended at least two scheduled Club events.
Prospects must be accompanied at all times by an assigned Sponsor who is responsible for the orientation and good behavior of the Prospect.
During this time, Club Members and Prospects can get to know each other to see if it feels like a good fit all around.
The Prospect may then be accepted by the Executive Committee and welcomed into the Club as a New Member.
If the Club does not accept the Prospect, the Membership Dues will be refunded immediately and the application closed out.
Acceptance into and continued membership in the Ojai Motorcycle Club is at the sole discretion of the Executive Committee.
In the unlikely event that a Member might get expelled by the Executive Committee (after initial acceptance into the Club) any refund of Membership Dues is at the sole discretion of the Executive Committee.
Pledge of Allegiance
In actions and in words, to always uphold the image and good reputation of the Ojai MC.
To deal with issues/incidents/ disagreements within the Club and with leadership involved.
No spreading of any disharmony within or without the Membership of the Club.
To always abide by ride/event rules as laid down by leadership.
To inform leadership ASAP if anything sub-optimum is witnessed and the situation is not handled optimally within a reasonable period of time.
Assume 100% personal responsibility for one’s own safety and physical wellbeing.
Assume as much responsibility as reasonably possible for the safety and physical wellbeing of any guest, client or probationer
when acting as Sponsor.
Agree to and sign a waiver that releases the Ojai MC from any liability for the duration of the membership period.
Our Main Objectives are to:
- Orient more riders into this exciting ADVenture lifestyle and way of experiencing their two-wheeled machines.
- Provide our members & guests with ever more interesting opportunities for adventure.
- Guide them well as we travel around, seeing new places & meeting fascinating new people.
- Help each participant improve her/his motorcycling skills in all conditions and on any kind of road, through effective training and ongoing instruction.
- Facilitate an optimal experience for all, while allowing everyone the space to enjoy the adventure in his/her own personal way.
- Serve the greater good by contributing to wildlife conservation, habitat preservation and maintaining backcountry access in all the areas that we frequent.
What We Do:
- Encourage anyone so moved to apply for membership in the Club.
- Facilitate a consistently exceptional adventure experience, with support vehicles and back-up crews as needed.
- Offer guided tours, club rides & off-road training to anyone who wants to participate in our adventure motorcycle riding activities.
- Include excursions that range from camp-off-the-bike & eat-on-the-fly to fully supported and catered with fresh organic food and premium beverages.
- Provide opportunities for any member in good standing to become part of the support crew on our excursions and/or join the Leadership Team.
- Plan to keep building the membership ranks of our motorcycle club, welcoming riders on all kinds of bikes, from all over the world.