- This event has passed.
Weekend Guided Tour
November 20 - November 23$995
Date:Nov 20-23, 2020
Cost: $995 on Own Bike
Duration: 4 days; 3 nights; 2 riding days
Location: Depart from and return to Ojai. Ride over the Topa Topa Mountains on Hwy 33, through the Cuyama Valley to the Carrizo Plain National Monument.
Reservations: 50% of Tour Price is required as non-refundable deposit. Balance is due 45 days before tour start date.
- Los Padres National Forest: Ojai and Santa Barbara Ranger Districts
- Hwy 33, Lockwood Valley Road, Quatal, Ballinger Canyon, Carrizo
- Overnights in Ojai, Lockwood Valley, Ojai
- This guided motorcycle tour will take you through the Topa Topa Mountains, the Cuyama Valley and into the Carrizo Plain
- Riding from the picturesque town of Ojai in Ventura County, we will spend the night in a comfortable guesthouse, ranch or hotel.
- The food is always fresh, organic and locally sourced. Beverages include world-class wines, craft beers and cider from local vineyards, breweries and farms.
- Guaranteed to hit the spot after each day out exploring the backroads of Central California.
Day 1: Arrival in the late afternoon
- The row of motorcycles will stand ready and waiting for their riders to arrive.
- Some easy riding around the Upper Ojai Valley to get oriented to the bikes.
- That first evening, you will chill out by the fireside under the shadow of the Topa Topa Mountains. Dinner will be a foray into authentic South African style “braaivleis” (barbecue grilled meat) and “potjiekos” (outdoor-prepared stews), as well as local craft beers and award-winning wines from regional vineyards.
- The new arrivals will sleep in comfort at the recently renovated Crescent Cottage, adjacent to the Moondog Ranch.
Day 2: Early start, breakfast at the Clubhouse
- Riding down into the Lower Ojai Valley
- Going over the Topa Topa Mountains along Hwy 33
- Exploring the Cuyama Valley
- Checking out the Carrizo Plain
- Overnight in Lockwood Valley
Day 3: Breakfast of champions
- Head out up and over a spectacular mountain pass
- Depending on the appetite for paved versus unpaved riding
- So many options for exciting adventure while making your way southward towards Ojai
- Dinner and overnight in Ojai
Day 4: Breakfast & Departure
- 2-day motorcycle rental
- Basic helmet
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Food and alcoholic beverages
- Tour Guide & Sweep Rider
- Fuel – $5 USD a gallon refuel fee, minimum of 3 gallons
- Riding gear (motorcycle jacket, pants, boots and premium helmet)
- Tolls, fines and violations
- can ride for 4-6 hours
- average riding experience
- little assistance required
- comfortable with extreme curves and leans
- average experience with unsurfaced roads
- steep ascents and descents
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement
- Major Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) for Damage Security Deposit. Debit cards not accepted for Damage Security Deposit
- $2,000 USD Damage Security Deposit will be pre-authorized at time of motorcycle check-out regardless of damage liability reduction packages purchased.
- These funds can be held up to 10 business days as a requirement of major credit card company policies and is beyond the control of Ojai Motorcycle Club.
- Good physical fitness
- DOT approved Helmet required independent of state law
I am a very new rider is the trip for me?
We specialize in and enjoy teaching brand new riders. Whether you have street experience and no off-road experience or little motorcycle experience at all we will help you learn and master the basics by the end of the trip. We have a sweep guide that will make sure you have a great experience and can ride your own ride.
I’m an experienced rider, will I be bored?
Absolutely not! We’ve designed the trip to allow experienced riders to ride at the front of the pack and not have to worry about the rest of the group keeping up.
Where do I pack my stuff and keep my luggage?
Our support vehicle will carry any of your belongings that you do not wish to carry with you as you ride in the provided panniers on the motorcycle.
On all trips we can securely store additional luggage that you are not bringing on the ride.
- Ojai Motorcycle Club recommends all riders protect their financial situation by purchasing travel insurance on their tour package with Ojai MC and accompanying logistics with a trip insurance policy through Travel Guard.
- Ojai MC is not responsible for a participant’s inability to attend a tour due to any circumstances, whether they be health, family, environmental or weather-related.
- If a tour is canceled by Ojai MC ahead of departure because of lack of participation all deposits and balance payments are 100% transferable and refundable.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with more than 60 days notice before tour start date will receive their 50% deposit as a credit to be used towards future tours or services with Ojai MC. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant and received in writing to email@example.com with 60 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit as a cancellation fee.
- Any balance payments can be held on file as a credit to be used towards future tours and services with Ojai MC. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with 30 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit and any balance payments as a Cancellation Fee.
- Ojai MC reserves the right to cancel a participant’s tour during the tour if the participant is disruptive or putting themselves or others in harms way. No refund or credit will be issued.
If you are ready to book this tour,
please let us know by clicking on the link below.