OVERNIGHT CLUB RIDES (UNPAVED/PAVED)
TO THE MOUNTAINS, VALLEYS & THE PLAIN
2020/21 Dates: August 8-9, September 5-6, October 3-4, October 31-Nov 01, November 28-29, December 5-6, January 23-24, February 20-21, March 20-21, April 17-18
Duration: 2 days
Terrain: 50/50 paved/unpaved
Location:This consists of a 2-day, weekend-long Moto Adventure that begins near Ojai on a Saturday morning (8am) and ends up back there late (5pm) on a Sunday afternoon. There’s always a choice to join us for either just the Saturday or just the Sunday but there’s also the option to come along for the entire weekend, including the optional overnight between the two days, which might be camping, hotels or friends’ guesthouses.
- Ideally, we like to do it ADVenture-style with a 50/50 mix of riding paved and unpaved.
- Since we really do love to help less experienced riders get comfortable riding on unpaved surfaces, we can accommodate everyone that shows up in terms of what kind of roads we ride and the degree of riding skills required.
- Lodging, food and beverage options will vary, but we’ll make them known to all before each ride.
- Our excursions usually pass through a particular Los Padres National Forest Ranger District or Bureau of Land Management region.
- Club Rides usually have an objective directly related to our non-profit nature conservation mission, where we perform some kind of service that is important to the US Forest Service, BLM, Fish & Wildlife or other agency or NGO.
- For Club Day Rides on Friday or Monday, check out this option: https://moto.ojaiadvclub.org/one-day-club-rides/
- can ride for 4-6 hours
- average riding experience
- little assistance required
- comfortable with extreme curves and leans
- average experience with unsurfaced roads
- steep ascents and descents
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement
- Good physical fitness
- DOT approved Helmet required independent of state law
- Signing a Waiver
I am a very new rider is the trip for me?
We specialize in and enjoy teaching brand new riders. Whether you have street experience and no off-road experience or little motorcycle experience at all we will help you learn and master the basics by the end of the trip. We have a sweep guide that will make sure you have a great experience and can ride your own ride.
I’m an experienced rider, will I be bored?
Absolutely not! We’ve designed the trip to allow experienced riders to ride at the front of the pack and not have to worry about the rest of the group keeping up.
If you would like to join us on this free Club Ride,
please let us know by clicking on the link below.