SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI
#2 – 7 DAYS
SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI- 7 DAYS
2020 Dates: April 19-25, October 20-24
Cost: $3,445 includes base bike: BMW F 750 GS
Upgrade Add: $105 for upgrade to BMW F 850 GS; $490 for BMW R 1250 GS
Duration: 7 days; 6 nights; 5 riding days
Terrain: 50/50 paved/unpaved
Location: South Africa: Western Cape, Cape Town, Cederberg, Tankwa Karoo
Reservations: 50% of Tour Price is required as non-refundable deposit. Balance is due 45 days before tour start date.
Experience the Unforgettable:
ADVenture Motorcycle Riding in South Africa!
The Ojai MC specializes in location-specific motorcycle tours, where you get immersed in the landscape, the culture, and most of all the roads.
Arrive in Cape Town at a comfortable hotel in the Waterfront, which is a great tourist hub. We can get the bikes first thing the next morning and start the tour by riding to a lodge at a game reserve and eventually ending in Cape Town, five days later.
Day 1: Arrive in Cape Town at a comfortable hotel in the Waterfront, spending the first night in a great tourist hub.
Day 2: ~ 222km Starting from Aquila Game Farm
Today we ride to a small town called Prince Albert
Our first stop is at the historic small town of Matjiesfontein. Most of this small settlement is a museum, so well worth some time to walk around. We then head up the N1 highway to another town called Laingsburg were there were devastating floods in 1981. We can spend a bit more time here looking at the history and devastation of this period. We will then leave the big busy highways and take a smaller tar road to the town of Prince Albert, which will be our home for the night. You can enjoy a relaxing walk through this quaint town where after we will be treated to a delicious South African meal.
Day 3: ~ 70km Today we ride to the Ostrich capital of South Africa
We will be riding to the Karoo town of Oudtshoorn, where the Ostrich and Ostrich feather is mostly responsible for the history and development of this region. Before this though, we will spend some quality time riding through and admiring the majestic Swartberg Pass. This is most definitely a bucket list ride for anyone who knows about it, and consists of mostly gravel sections and potentially lots of small river crossings depending on the time of the year. The road conditions vary but the terrain is generally good with the most beautiful and picturesque scenery. Once the cameras are packed away we will head out towards the Cango Caves for an interesting cave walk. We will continue our ride through the Schoemanspoort to the Cango Ostrich Farm, where we will have a closer look at the birds that make up such a big part of this area. Ending off the day we will continue on to the incredible Buffelsdrift Game Lodge where we will meet 3 rescued elephants before we relax for some good Karoo hospitality and get to sleep in luxury tents for the night.
Day 4: ~ 242km Today we ride to the Anysberg Nature Reserve
After a good breakfast at the lodge we are back on the bikes riding through a Nature Reserve before the end of the day. We head back past the Cango Caves and then off to the small town of Calitzsdorp for some refreshments. We are now on the well-known Route 62 (R62) heading to the next town of Ladismith before which we will take a short detour through the astounding Seweweekspoort (it’s too good to miss), but don’t worry, we will meet up with this road later in the tour again for some Over-The-Top milkshakes. Once we are through Ladismith we will have some more good gravel riding to our accommodation for the night in the Anysberg Nature Reserve.
Day 5: ~ 274km Today we ride to Ronnie’s Sex Shop and more R62
We start the morning off in the dirt and we get to ride through another nature reserve which we will need to be guided through. A unique experience to ride through a reserve which homes the big 5 on your motorcycle, it’s a game drive on your bike. Once we exit the reserve we will have a short ride to get back onto the R62 to one of the strange little shops you will hear about around here, Ronnie’s Sex Shop. It’s nothing to too crazy or exciting, but a landmark on this stretch of road and well worth getting the “been-here” selfie! After a quick water break we will ride to the small town of Barrydale for the milkshakes we promised and give you some time to be tourists and get the African souvenir you promised everyone at home. We will then make our way to Montagu, through one more amazing tar pass where our accommodation is for the evening, 40km out of town. Depending on arrival time we will spend a bit of time in town and then make our way to the guest farm where we will be treated to amazing hospitality and a home cooked dinner.
Day 6: ~ 319km
last riding day of the tour back to Cape Town.
This day may be focused on getting back to the city, but we made sure we have some amazing riding to get there. We will ride through some of the most fertile wine lands in the Western Cape and make some stops along the way to stock up on anything you may like. The roads in and around this area are amazing and loads of fun, especially Franschhoek Pass, where we will get to enjoy one of the best views of the Winelands. We will stop in Franschhoek for some last minute shopping before we move on to Stellenbosch via a stunning road, Hellshoogte. We will then ride down to the N2 highway and onto the costal road that we will follow all the way back in to Cape Town.
- 5-day motorcycle rental
- Basic helmet
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- Food & non-alcoholic beverages
- Airport transfer to Cape Town from Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
- Tour Guide, Sweep Rider, Support Truck & Driver.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Fuel – $5 USD a gallon refuel fee, minimum of 3 gallons
- Riding gear (motorcycle jacket, pants, boots and premium helmet)
- Tolls, fines and violations
- Nature Park Entry Fees
- can ride for 3-4 hours
- average riding experience
- little assistance required
- comfortable with extreme curves and leans
- average experience with unsurfaced roads
- steep ascents and descents
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Passport valid for international travel
- International Driver’s Permit
- Valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement
- Good physical fitness
- Major Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) for Damage Security Deposit. Debit cards not accepted for Damage Security Deposit
- $2,500 USD Damage Security Deposit will be pre-authorized at time of motorcycle check-out regardless of damage liability reduction packages purchased.
- These funds can be held up to 10 business days as a requirement of major credit card company policies and is beyond the control of Ojai Motorcycle Club.
- Personal travel insurance from your home country with your own required coverage of driving or being a passenger on a motorcycle of 700 cc or more (not in competition). Policy shall cover travel cancellation, medical, repatriation, liability and personal accident as minimum.
I am a very new rider is the trip for me?
We specialize in and enjoy teaching brand new riders. Whether you have street experience and no off-road experience or little motorcycle experience at all we will help you learn and master the basics by the end of the trip. We have a sweep guide that will make sure you have a great experience and can ride your own ride.
I’m an experienced rider, will I be bored?
Absolutely not! We’ve designed the trip to allow experienced riders to ride at the front of the pack and not have to worry about the rest of the group keeping up.
Where do I pack my stuff and keep my luggage?
Our support vehicle will carry any of your belongings that you do not wish to carry with you as you ride in the provided panniers on the motorcycle.
On all trips we can securely store additional luggage that you are not bringing on the ride.
- Ojai Motorcycle Club recommends all riders protect their financial situation by purchasing travel insurance on their tour package with Ojai MC and accompanying logistics with a trip insurance policy through Travel Guard.
- Ojai MC is not responsible for a participant’s inability to attend a tour due to any circumstances, whether they be health, family, environmental or weather-related.
- If a tour is canceled by Ojai MC ahead of departure because of lack of participation all deposits and balance payments are 100% transferable and refundable.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with more than 60 days notice before tour start date will receive their 50% deposit as a credit to be used towards future tours or services with Ojai MC. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant and received in writing to email@example.com with 60 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit as a cancellation fee.
- Any balance payments can be held on file as a credit to be used towards future tours and services with Ojai MC. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with 30 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit and any balance payments as a Cancellation Fee.
- Ojai MC reserves the right to cancel a participant’s tour during the tour if the participant is disruptive or putting themselves or others in harms way. No refund or credit will be issued.
If you are ready to book this tour,
please let us know by clicking on the link below.