TASTE OF THAILAND
#2 – 7 DAYS
TASTE OF THAILAND – 7 DAYS
Doi Ang Khang Route
TRUE ADVENTURE IN THE
HIGHLANDS OF THE NORTH
2020 Dates: October 25-31
Cost: $3,445 includes Suzuki V-Strom 650
Upgrade Add: $250 for upgrade to Honda CRF 1000L Africa Twin
Duration: 7 days; 6 nights; 5 riding days
Terrain: 50/50 paved/unpaved
Location: This tour will take you through the most interesting mountain regions in Northern Thailand. You will visit Chiang Mai, Pai via Wiang Haeng, Mae Hong Son, Khun Yuam, Mae Sarieng and more…
Reservations: 50% of Tour Price is required as non-refundable deposit. Balance is due 45 days before tour start date.
Experience the Unforgettable:
ADVenture Motorcycle Riding in the North of Thailand! On this fully catered and supported guided tour, you will ride off to the northwest, along the famous Mae Hong Son Loop that begins in Chiang Mai and follows a circuitous route through most of the length of the Mae Hong Son province.
The riding will include some of the best curvy asphalt roads in the world, while also taking you ways off and into the countryside on exciting unpaved roads, bringing you through cascading waterfalls, awesome limestone formations, and villages that are rarely seen by the average tourist.
The Ojai MC specializes in location-specific motorcycle tours, where you get immersed in the landscape, the culture, and most of all the roads. On-road, off-road, or no-road, this part of South East Asia really has it all and the locals are our friends, so you will experience something totally unique. The mystique of Thai culture, the food, and the people.
It’s truly the friendliest place to experience “culture shock and total immersion”, especially if you’ve never been there before.
Day 1: Chiang Mai
Arrive, settle in, and collect the bikes. On this fully catered and supported guided tour, you will ride off to the northwest, along the famous Mae Hong Son Loop that begins in Chiang Mai and follows a circuitous route through most of the length of the Mae Hong Son province.The riding will include some of the best curvy asphalt roads in the world, while also taking you ways off and into the countryside on exciting unpaved roads, bringing you through cascading waterfalls, awesome limestone formations, and villages that are rarely seen by the average tourist.
Day 2: Chiang Mai to Mae Rim via Mon Chem (150 kilometers / 93 miles)
- The second 5-day leg of the tour starts and takes you to overnight near a gorgeous waterfall in the Mae Rim district near the high mountain Mon Chem.
- You’ll ride along the famous Samoeng Loop with many twists and turns.
- Night 2: Kangsadarn Resort & Waterfall, Mae Rim
Day 3: Mae Rim to Pai via Wat Chan (160 kilometers / 99 miles)
- You will go from Mae Rim to Pai via Wat Chan, following scenic backroads through the countryside.
- Night 3: B2 Pai Premier Hotel, Pai
Day 4: Pai to Doi Ang Khang via Huai Nam Dang, Meung Khong (230 kilometers / 143 miles)
- You will go from Pai to Doi Ang Khang via Huai Nam Dang, Meung Khong.
- Night 4: Saranya River House, Mae Ai
Day 5: Doi Ang Khang to Chiang Dao via Myanmar Border, Tha Ton Temple (223 kilometers / 139 miles)
- We’ll visit the fascinating Chiang Dao Cave and spend our last night on the road at the beautiful Chiang Dao Nest.
- Night 5: Chiang Dao Nest, Chiang Dao
Day 6: Chiang Dao to Chiang Mai via Wat Ban Den, Mae Khong Lake (160 kilometers / 99 miles)
- On day five of the second leg of the extended tour, we’ll make our way back to the city to arrive in Chiang Mai towards the late afternoon.
- Motorcycles will be returned and then we’ll enjoy our farewell dinner together, spending the last tour night in Chiang Mai.
- Night 6: I-River Chiangmai
Day 7: Departure on Saturday morning and we go our separate ways.
- 5-day motorcycle rental
- Basic helmet
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- Food & non-alcoholic beverages
- Airport transfer to Chiang Mai from Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX)
- Tour Guide, Sweep Rider, Support Truck & Driver, Tourism Authority Thailand Guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Fuel – $5 USD a gallon refuel fee, minimum of 3 gallons
- Riding gear (motorcycle jacket, pants, boots and premium helmet)
- Tolls, fines and violations
- Nature Park Entry Fees
- can ride for 3-4 hours
- average riding experience
- little assistance required
- comfortable with extreme curves and leans
- average experience with unsurfaced roads
- steep ascents and descents
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Passport valid for international travel
- International Driver’s Permit
- Valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement
- Good physical fitness
- Major Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) for Damage Security Deposit. Debit cards not accepted for Damage Security Deposit
- $2,500 USD Damage Security Deposit will be pre-authorized at time of motorcycle check-out regardless of damage liability reduction packages purchased.
- These funds can be held up to 10 business days as a requirement of major credit card company policies and is beyond the control of Ojai Motorcycle Club.
- Personal travel insurance from your home country with your own required coverage of driving or being a passenger on a motorcycle of 700 cc or more (not in competition). Policy shall cover travel cancellation, medical, repatriation, liability and personal accident as minimum.
I am a very new rider is the trip for me?
We specialize in and enjoy teaching brand new riders. Whether you have street experience and no off-road experience or little motorcycle experience at all we will help you learn and master the basics by the end of the trip. We have a sweep guide that will make sure you have a great experience and can ride your own ride.
I’m an experienced rider, will I be bored?
Absolutely not! We’ve designed the trip to allow experienced riders to ride at the front of the pack and not have to worry about the rest of the group keeping up.
Where do I pack my stuff and keep my luggage?
Our support vehicle will carry any of your belongings that you do not wish to carry with you as you ride in the provided panniers on the motorcycle.
On all trips we can securely store additional luggage that you are not bringing on the ride.
- Ojai Motorcycle Club recommends all riders protect their financial situation by purchasing travel insurance on their tour package with Ojai MC and accompanying logistics with a trip insurance policy through Travel Guard.
- Ojai MC is not responsible for a participant’s inability to attend a tour due to any circumstances, whether they be health, family, environmental or weather-related.
- If a tour is canceled by Ojai MC ahead of departure because of lack of participation all deposits and balance payments are 100% transferable and refundable.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with more than 60 days notice before tour start date will receive their 50% deposit as a credit to be used towards future tours or services with Ojai MC. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant and received in writing to email@example.com with 60 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit as a cancellation fee.
- Any balance payments can be held on file as a credit to be used towards future tours and services with Ojai MC. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with 30 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit and any balance payments as a Cancellation Fee.
- Ojai MC reserves the right to cancel a participant’s tour during the tour if the participant is disruptive or putting themselves or others in harms way. No refund or credit will be issued.
If you are ready to book this tour,
please let us know by clicking on the link below.